As the summers kick off in Utah, most of us have started relying on cooling solutions like air conditioners. But, have you ever thought that if your AC stops working in the middle of a scorching night? Such situations can be terrible, and you would need to call an AC Tune-up in Farmington, UT, and the surrounding area. In addition, such repairs are expensive.
Nonetheless, there are some instances where the AC Replacement in Layton, UT, won’t work. That’s right; especially if your AC unit is older than 8-10 years, it might be the right time to get home a new one.
Five easy tips for choosing the right air conditioner
Look for a suitable system type
There are many different kinds of AC units that you might choose according to your home requirements.
- Central air conditioning: This is the most popular AC system preferred by homeowners and commercial offices. It consists of a network of ducts, vents, and outdoor condensers, making it suitable for large spaces.
- Wall-mounted units: These include ductless mini-splits and window AC units which are all-rounder for spaces like bedrooms, cabins, etc.
- Portable units: Portable units are relatively smaller and easier to install, and also less expensive. These are best suited for single rooms and studio apartments.
Choose the right size
If your AC is too large for your space, it puts an extra load on the circuits and spikes up energy bills. For the best suggestion, contact a professional ac replacement Layton ut, who can calculate the cooling load required for your Home. For example, a small room of about 150ft² requires 6,000 BTU.
Check the efficiency rating
If you are getting a new air conditioner, it’s apparent that you would want better performance and efficiency. Always look for high-efficiency rated units because they might be costly at first but have a good return on investment through low running costs.
The noise of the system
Although an AC unit cannot be 100% silent, checking the extent of noise is essential as it might interfere with your sleep and conversations.
For example- evaporative coolers tend to produce louder noise, especially at high fan speeds. However, too loud or weird noises signify that you need an AC Service in Bountiful, UT, and the surrounding area.
Look for modern features.
Nowadays, most AC models come with the latest features that offer more convenience. Some of them are:
- Smart settings: Some air conditioners also come with wi-fi support so that you can control them with a smartphone.
- Motion detector: Although features may vary, motion detectors usually control the airflow & direction according to the people in the room.
- Timer: You can schedule on and off timings for added convenience.
- Quiet/Night mode: Such modes help reduce the noise and provide you with sound sleep.
We understand that choosing a new air conditioner can be confusing. Choose us for AC installation or repair services. We also offer 24-hour emergency AC repair in Layton, UT, and surrounding areas. Call us today at (801) 851-5518 or write to us at [email protected]